His number should be retired by the Flames, and maybe even the Stars, and he better make it into the Hockey Hall of Fame. Why?
- Calder Trophy as Rookie of the year in 1988 with 51 goals, 41 assists...92 points. Also All-Rookie team.
- In 1989, helped the Flames win their first (so far only) Stanley cup. Also scored 51 goals that season.
- King Clancy Memorial Trophy in 1995.
- Second Stanley Cup in 1999 with Dallas Stars. Also Won Conn Smythe Trophy as MVP of the Playoffs.
- Won third Cup with New Jersey Devils in 2003. That is three Cups with three teams.
- Represented Team Canada in the Olympics in 1998 and 2002. Winning a gold medal in 2002.
- Retired with 564 goals, 562 assists, 1126 points in1257 games, with a career total +/- of plus-155 in regular season play. That puts him at 48th all time (tie with Mike Bossy).
- Retired with 66G, 50A, 116 points in 158 playoff games, winning three Stanley Cups and one Conn Smythe Trophy