|Hanging out with Nick English|
Nick was busy most of the night mingling with the other guests. No matter, as I was occupied with the prototype watches and hanging out with Neil (Sales Representative?) from Bremont. Check out these new watches.
|New Bremont watches|
- MBII-WH - The Martin-Baker collaboration is now available with a white dial. The exclusive band colour is blue. Speaking of Martin-Baker, I learned that each time one ejects, there is up to 12-14 g of force in that 0.6 second blast. This compresses the spine, permanently, and can result in a loss of 1.5 inches in height. The second time is another 1.5 inches for a total of 3 inches. They will not let you fly after that as a third ejection will kill you.
- ALT1-ZT/51 - The ALT1-Z with colours inspired by the Bremont P-51. The P-51 was a Limited Edition and is long sold out. Even if available, it would be at a premium price. But now, you can get the ALT1-Z in those vintage colours.
- AC-R/SS and OTUSA-R/BK - Both the America's Cup and Oracle Team USA watch features a unique Regatta Chronograph movement. The AC-R has a five countdown timer in the 12H sub dial, while the OTUSA-R has a five and fifteen minute countdown timer.
- Boeing 100 - Limited to 300 pieces, this watch celebrates 100 years of Boeing. The brown motive reflects the interior of vintage Boeing cockpits, which was designed for comfort for the pilots. The Boeing 'totem pole' logo is at 3H on the dial, and like the rest of the Boeing range, the 'arrow' is subtly placed at the tip of the second counter
- SOLO/PW and PB - The classic SOLO with polished case. It will also have a larger display back to showcase the movement.
- SOLO-32-AJ/WH and LC/WH - For the first time, Bremont is making a ladies watch. These feature the Bremont DNA with 32mm case. These were prototypes with solid case backs, but the production versions will have display case backs. All Bremont watches have open case backs with the exception of the MB and U2 Range, because of the anti-magnetic iron Faraday case.
|Checking out my 3D model|
Towards the end of the night, I finally got to meet Nick. I brought the 3D model of the ALT1-C I made. Since I posted on the ALT1TUDE forums, he already knew about it. He was excited to finally see my model in real life...not as excited as me getting to finally meet Nick. I also revealed that I was the 'face of Bremont'. Again, he knew about it via the forum. Apparently, I am semi-famous amongst the Bremont staff.
|Nick signed a catalog for me|
|Neil and Nick from Bremont and the Feldmar staff|
For those keeping track, I have visited two (Royal Exchange and Mayfair) of the four Bremont Boutiques. Now, I have meet one (Nick) of the two Co-Founders.