The Stanley Cup Playoffs start today. The Flames failed to make the playoffs. Anyway, here is the current bracket and my picks:
(1) San Jose Sharks vs. (8) Colorado Avalanche
Avalanche in...I do not care how many games. Why? Because I simply hate San Jose.
(2) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (7) Nashville Predators
Chicago will be too much to handle for the Predators. Five games
(3) Vancouver Canucks vs. (6) Los Angeles Kings
I went to the Kings vs Oilers game, Johnathan Quick faced 15 shots and let in 3. On the other side the Kings got 55 shots on Oiler goalie, Devan Dybnuk. This one could be close, but I give Luongo the edge in goal tending. Vancouver in six, just to make it interesting.
(4) Detroit Red Wings vs. (5) Phoenix Coyotes
Detroit is always dangerous. I think Phoenix coach has the experience to make an upset. Phoenix in six games.
(1) Washington Captials vs. (8) Montreal Canadiens
Uh, Ovechkin? Washington in five.
(2) New Jersey Devils vs. (7) Philadelphia Flyers
Flyers barley made it in the playoffs. Brodeur is Brodeur. New Jersey in six.
(3) Buffalo Sabres vs. (6) Boston Bruins
This is the best goal tending match up of the first round. Last year's Vezina Trophy winner, Tim Thomas against his Team USA teammate, Olympic Tournament MVP, and possibly this year's Vezina winner, Ryan Miller. This one is close. Buffalo in seven.
(4) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (5) Ottawa Senators
Do these guys always play each other in the first round? Crosby and Malkin will be too much for the Senators. But it will be a tough battle. Pittsburgh in six.